Stamped Concrete Patios
Chester County is known for hardscaped beauty in the form of natural stone, brick, or flagstone. These materials do not weather like concrete does and tend to break down over the years. If you’ve always loved the look of these materials but don’t want the associated maintenance or expense, consider a stamped concrete patio! Not only is it durable, almost maintenance-free, and beautiful, these patios are a fraction of the cost of natural materials.
Check our Gallery for the Stamped Concrete Patios we’ve created from Wayne, Malvern, Chester Springs, Glenmoore, West Chester, and more locations in Chester County!
Stamped concrete patios can be dyed and patterned to look like any number of natural materials. Stamped concrete transforms grey concrete, giving it texture and character while maintaining strength and adding beauty.
Our Stamped Concrete Patios in Chester County
Check out our past projects in Chester County. We may even have already done a patio in your area, and you can see examples of stamped concrete patios we are very proud of. You may not even realize these patios are not made of natural material, they look so much like the real thing!
We’ve laid stamped concrete patios throughout many towns in Chester County, including Wayne, Malvern, Paoli, Phoenixville, Glenmoore, West Chester, Chester Springs, Coatesville, East Whiteland, Berwyn, Downingtown, Chesterbrook, Devon, Exton, Upper Uwchlan, Lionville, and East Marlborough!
Our Process for Creating Stamped Concrete Patios in Chester County, PA
It all begins with a brainstorming session with our concrete experts to review the endless possibilities for your stamped concrete patio. This will speed up the process and we can present you with possible combinations of color and pattern that will blend in with your other landscaping. At this point, it’s important to discuss any questions or concerns you have, such as cost and timeline. You should also consider that we can’t lay concrete when the weather is poor, so it is important to add some flexibility to the timeline.
The next step is to create the right foundation. We recommend starting with at least 4 inches of packed clay, then a layer of gravel or packed sand to add stability to your patio and avoid cracking even in freezing weather. For the same reason, we use rebar that is ⅛ the thickness of the patio slab of concrete we are pouring. At this point, we pour the patio concrete base.
Stamped Concrete Driveway
Next, we add the color hardeners and release agents by hand to strengthen the concrete slab and ensure our pattern mats do not stick to it. When the concrete is set enough to hold some weight we use flex mats to stamp the edges (and make sure edges keep the shape we want) and pattern maths for the majority of the surface. Once the concrete is dry we use hand tools for detail work and then apply a curing compound. Next, we wash the release agent from the surface and finish with another curing compound. If joints need to be installed we take care of it during this step of the process. Once the concrete is finished drying we apply a sealant for longevity.
Advantages of Stamped Concrete Patios
- Safe and Beautiful: The textured surface of stamped concrete is not only beautiful but also safer than smooth concrete slabs or slippery flagstone and brick. It won’t shift and crack over the years as other patio materials can. It creates a safe, non-slippery, even surface. Weeds will not grow through the patterns.
- Less Expensive than Natural Stone, Brick, or Pavers: Your new stamped concrete patio will be roughly half the cost of building with traditional materials.
- Easy to Maintain: Stamped concrete is almost maintenance-free and won’t crumble or crack if correctly built. Every few years you will have to add the sealer, which is a quick and easy process. You will never have to add grout between joints!
- Long-Lasting: Stamped concrete patios will not fade, crack or crumble over the years with proper maintenance. This is a long term solution!
- Get a Free Estimate for your Stamped Concrete Patio!: Morrison Custom Concrete is a concrete contractor near you who will come out to your home to provide you with a free estimate for your stamped concrete patio.
Licensed Concrete Contractor in Chester County, PA
We’re a licensed concrete contractor located in Coatesville in Chester County. We serve the entire county and have completed projects for satisfied customers throughout the area, from Wayne, Malvern, Paoli, Phoenixville, Glenmoore, West Chester, Chester Springs, Coatesville, East Whiteland, Berwyn, Downingtown, Chesterbrooke, Devon, Exton, Upper Uwchlan, Lionville and East Marlborough! We’ve contracted hundreds of hardscape installations including stairs, retaining walls, stamped concrete patios, stamped concrete walkways, concrete driveways, and stamped concrete pool decks.